Red Hot Rhythm began in 2007, and quickly became a leading presence in the Australian Tap Dance Community.
Based in Brisbane, Australia, Red Hot Rhythm were known for their unique collaborations and lightning fast tap dance. Red Hot Rhythm performed throughout Australia and the world, and in 2008, were invited to perform alongside the world’s best at the Melbourne International Tap Festival. In 2009, Red Hot Rhythm performed their ‘Tap VS Irish’ act on the nationally televised TV show Australia’s Got Talent, for which they reached the grand finals, and were Australia’s top dance and group act.
In 2012, Red Hot Rhythm performed their first stage show, ‘Rhythm Junkies’, at the Brisbane Powerhouse to a sold out season. In 2013, the show returned to the Brisbane Powerhouse for a second season entitled ‘Rhythm Junkies: REVIVED’.
- Bill Simpson (Creator and Director, 2007 – 2015)
- David Sheather (2007 – 2015)
- Nathaniel Hancock (2007-2008)
- Rebecca Ode (2007)
- Kate Sagar (2007)
- Bernadette Miller-Greenman (2007)
- Reindert Toia (2012-2015)
- Davydd McDonald (2007 – 2015)
- Danny Jackson (2007 – 2015)
- David Folan (2010 – 2015)
- Dave Johnston (DaveJ) – Didjeribone (2007 – 2015)
- George Jackson – Irish Fiddle (Rhythm Junkies: 2012 – 2013)
- Elliot Orr – Djembe (Rhythm Junkies: 2012 – 2013)
- Piers Langford – Doun Doun (Rhythm Junkies: 2012 – 2013)
Red Hot Rhythm would like to thank all friends, students and supporters during our time of operation. It was a wonderful time of friendship, rhythm and magic.